Thanks to Everyone Who Made PWAC’s 2017 Conference
a Rousing Success!The PWAC Atlantic Region Conference Committee extends its thanks to everyone who made this year's Conference in Fredericton, NB a great success: presenters, attendees and sponsors
If you were unable to attend, take a look at some of the professional development we delivered:
- The Business of Freelance Writing in Today’s Environment (Panel)
- Business Essentials for a Freelance Writing Business
- Taking Care of Yourself: As important as taking care of the work
- Breaking into High-fee Content Writing (with Steve Slaunwhite)
There was also time for relaxation:
- Pre-conference Tour – wine tasting
- Welcome Reception with entertainment by performer and heritage interpreter Peter Pacey
- PWAC’s Gala Awards Banquet
- Hospitality Suite featuring the ever-popular PWAC Shakespeare (this year, The Merry Wives of Windsor), music and more
And you were able to mix business with pleasure:
- Get story ideas from a tour of the Fredericton markets, the area’s walking trails or the Beaverbrook Art Gallery
There was also a full day of PWAC meetings, including Regional Round Tables and the Annual General Meeting, so you can meet members of the National Board and discuss the future of PWAC.
The full Conference program is available here.
Hope to see you next year!