Registration for the joint PWAC - CMG Freelance Branch Conference is now open. This event, being held September 20-23 in Toronto, offers two full days of professional development, social events and networking opportunities.
PD this year includes:
- Contracts - how to negotiate them, ways to avoid common pitfalls, and steps you can take to mitigate risks that clients are increasingly asking writers to bear
- Collaborating with other professionals - learn about the power of teams, how to work with other professionals, and marketing strategies for "turn key" writing solutions
- Getting work with the CBC - yes, there are still freelance opportunities with Canada's national broadcaster. Find out how you can tap them
- Your first book - how can you organize yourself to produce that book you know you have in you, and how to see it through publishing and distribution
- Teaching your craft - do you want to help other aspiring writers? Learn how to do so while generating extra income
- Social media - you've heard the hype about social media; find out how to use it successfully to your advantage
For the first time this year, we'll be bringing writers together with potential clients and mentors in a speed networking event. You'll have the opportunity, in 15 minute sessions, to connect with organizations looking for writers and with writers willing to mentor you. Bring your story pitches and questions!
What does it cost? Early bird registration is only $325 (ends August 16), and regular registration is $375 - register now and save 13%!
You can find more detailed information about the Conference here
. If you're ready to register, please click here
The Conference will be followed by the PWAC Annual General Meeting on Sunday, September 23.